Interagency Readiness Solutions (IRS) is seeking two Health Education Support professionals, one permanent and one temporary for 8-10 months. The Health Education Support will provide health education services for the Directorate of Indiana Wellness for the Indiana Army National Guard for all current and future wellness and fitness initiatives throughout Indiana.
The assignments cover a wide range of major health promotion, population health, and worksite wellness
program areas such as health assessment review, healthy nutrition, physical fitness, stress management,
general wellness education, and tobacco education. Incumbent interprets various health and wellness
assessment results to provide exercise prescription for the general population. Incumbent must evaluate
new approaches and techniques and take into account their potential effects on individual military
members, families, workplaces, command readiness, and community health. Decisions regarding the
appropriate comprehensive health care plan in coordination with Army Medical Home for eligible
beneficiaries requires considerable planning with varying degrees of sophistication in methodology and the use of advanced technologies. Incumbent must motivate, influence, and persuade individuals and groups to accept changes in methods and practices, to adopt new approaches, and to improve and sustain healthy lifestyles.
- Required Bachelor’s Degree in an Allied Health or Performance related in the area. Must obtain within six months, and maintain Basic Life Support certification. Travel away from the normal duty station is required (up to 20% of the time). It is preferred that employee possess a nationally recognized credential in health and wellness or obtain such designation within six months of employment. It is preferred that employee possess a Certified Personal Trainer (CPT) credential from the American College of Sports Medicine, the Cooper Institute, the National Strength and Conditioning Association or other organizations meeting the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, analytical/logical thinking and ability to problem solve.
- In order to successfully meet the performance objective of this position, the applicant should possess the
following knowledge skills:
- Knowledge of, and skill in conducting comprehensive physical fitness testing for cardiorespiratory, body composition, muscular strength and flexibility using advanced technology to include direct gas exchange, ultrasound body fat, air displacement plethysmography, indirect calorimetry, heart rate variability, strength dynamometer, goniometer, and sphygmomanometer.
- This knowledge requires a combination of formal education, specialized training and work experience in the areas of health promotion, physical performance, and wellness.
- Skill in gathering and analyzing health related data.
- Skills in written and verbal communication to convey information to professional staff, clients, and senior leaders with varying backgrounds.
- Ability to effectively communicate in small to large group settings, brief to civilian and military
personnel, and deliver presentations at formal events.
IRS offers a competitive benefits program which includes –
- 15 Paid Time-off (PTO) days
- 10 paid holidays
- Company match for 401K after 90 days of employment
- $50K Life Insurance Policy
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $52,000.00 per year