Interagency Readiness Solutions (IRS) is seeking a Physical Therapy Support professional to join our team at Camp Atterbury, IN. This position will support the Indiana National Guard and will assist with Military Readiness.
- Assess physical demands, determine the physical requirements, and make recommended plan to the IWD and SRT2P/H2F Lite team on injury prevention strategies to improve physical performance.
- Screen, assess, conduct, and interpret all physical requirements for individual Soldiers and BNs.
- Improve Soldier readiness by treating in areas of physical fitness, physical training, and injury prevention.
- Interpret results within context of Army regulations, public health guidelines and scientific literature for the achievement and maintenance of foundational health and optimal task and environment specific
- Assess and interpret neuro musculoskeletal evaluation, intervention and case management. Make individual Soldier, INNG, and BN group recommendations, based on assessments and BN METL and WTBD for expected physical demands. Synchronize recommendations with the IWD and BN military
training plan/calendar in context of lifestyle and organizational culture.
- Will advise on the ordering of the appropriate biochemical and physiological tests IAW APTA practice guidelines, and as privileged by the INNG Medical Team. Interpret results in the context of foundational health; task-specific physical performance; and injury control, reconditioning, and recovery.
- Conduct battlefield needs assessments to determine mental health status and provide energy conservation assessments.
- Translate current public health guidelines and IWDs physical performance guidance into injury prevention techniques and education through print, electronic, and IWD and BN approved social media platforms that are tailored to the organizational culture and size of the BN
- Develop and conduct education sessions to individuals and groups of various sizes.
- Conduct physical and injury-prevention training sessions
- Attend meetings as needed with the IWD and SRT2P/H2F Lite team to review and evaluate the injury preventive services provided to Soldiers, discuss medical issues of concern that affect safe and appropriate Soldier care, identify existing problems, identify opportunities to improve delivered
care, and provide recommendations for corrective action.
- Ensure safe and effective operation of equipment used for patient/Soldier care and contribute to a safe
- Observe BN specific training events (e.g., shooting ranges, obstacle
courses, combative training). Be physically able to hike in austere environment and terrain (i.e. rocky, no
running water, no shelter, no bathroom, no climate control, inclement weather, loud, smoky) while carrying
their own backpack with necessary supplies. Be physically able to lift and manipulate loads and weight
plates up to 45 pounds.
- Advanced knowledge of Physical Therapy theory, professional medical rehabilitation, therapeutic
principled and extensive clinical experience, training and practice to develop individual treatment
programs for each patient referred in the areas of physical disabilities, neuromuscular, and
- Knowledge of normal and abnormal motor, sensory, cognitive, psychological, and social skills and abilities as expected at various stages of life; common disabilities, incapacities, or pain associated with behavioral, physical, neurological, orthopedic, and general medical conditions that interfere with the ability to function.
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice and advances in rehabilitation techniques, proficient use and
safe operation of state-of-the-art equipment.
- Broad knowledge of the principles of sports psychology and psychosocial management of patients following injury.
- Knowledge of the military medical system, the Medical Evaluation Board process, the Physical Evaluation Board process, the VA, medical retention standards (AR 40-501), and other applicable
- Be licensed by the State of Indiana and by the American Physical Therapy Association
as a Physical Therapist.
- Have and maintain BLS with AED certification.
- Lift up to 45 pounds
IRS offers a competitive benefits program which includes –
- 15 Paid Time-off (PTO) days
- 10 paid holidays
- Company match for 401K after 90 days of employment
- $50K Life Insurance Policy
- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Plan
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $78,500.00 per year